Lyneham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service (DBS) check before appointment is confirmed.
Key Stage 2 Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, forward thinking school, with a friendly and supportive team who are ready to invest in your professional development?
Start Date: Monday 19th April 2021
Hours of work: Full time
Contract Type: Temporary
Salary: Main teaching scale - dependent on experience
Closing Date: Friday 12th February 2021 at 12.30pm
We are looking for a skilled class teacher to enthuse and inspire one of our two classes of keen Year 5 learners. You will be working alongside a very experienced partner teacher and Phase Leader, with some shared TA support.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about providing the highest quality learning experiences for children
- Demonstrates excellent teaching skills
- Has enthusiasm, drive and energy to inspire, motivate and enthuse our learners
- Will create a vibrant, positive and exciting learning environment
- Is able to plan and teach effective, creative and exciting lessons where children make real progress
- Is forward thinking in their approach to teaching
- Is organised, hard-working, skilled and creative
- Is flexible, friendly and a genuine team player
- Will embrace the challenge of joining a team committed to taking the learning in our school to good and better
- Has a strong commitment to the school values and inclusion
In return we can offer you:
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Extra release time in addition to PPA for monitoring and assessment
- Support, help and encouragement from an experienced senior leadership team
- A vibrant and well-resourced learning environment
- A personal iPad for classroom use
- Enthusiastic, friendly children who are keen to learn and fun to work with
- A friendly and welcoming team of colleagues in a spacious school in a lovely village location with good transport links
All applicants with all levels of experience will be considered, including NQTs. Ideally we are looking for the successful candidate to start in Term 5.
We warmly encourage potential candidates to meet our team virtually for an informal chat and although we cannot offer visits due to Covid-19 restrictions, there is lots of information about the school on our website.
To arrange an informal meeting or request an application form, job description, and personal specification, please contact the school office on 01249 890 413 or by email email@example.com
Application is by Wiltshire Council application form with a supporting letter of no more than one side of A4 paper in 12 point font please.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Midday Supervisory Assistant (MDSA)
We are fortunate to have a strong team of MDSA's at Lyneham Primary School. If you have any questions about the role or would like to be considered for a MDSA position, please contact Sue Foster in the school office on 01249 890 413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.